9.07.2007

LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN CALI...

to sum it up... when you are married to a
land cruiser enthusiast, you learn early on,
when you find a good deal...you jump on it!
Kenny was on the internet Friday and saw
a land cruiser he couldn't pass up. (The only
problem was it was in LA, which turned
out to be not such a problem)So we booked
our one way flights that night and left the next morning
at 6am! We are lucky Tate is a good sport and
doesn't mind traveling...

This is Tate figuring out the air conditioning
in our hotel room. It was so funny watching
him get wind blown.


We had to wait for banks to open since
it was a holiday weekend so we had 3 days
to spend at the beach. The first day we went to
Santa Monica and the next we went to Huntington.
Finding a parking spot was a small nightmare,
but the beaches were beautiful.








Like always, Tate liked eating more than anything...











It took a little bit for Tatie to want to go in
the waves, but once he worked
up the courage, he loved it. He is like a little fish,
with a tan line that would make the coopertone
baby jealous!








Kenny and Tate had fun building sandcastles
and sand turtles...
















We would never make a trip to the west coast
without making at least a few trips to my favorite
places to eat, The Cheesecake Factory and
In-n-out! Animalized cheeseburger with fries and
a diet coke and my two boys...life doesn't get much better.








Tate took one look at that yummy burger
and could hardly contain himself.





I think Tate likes our new car better
than we do.




I had to get a pic with the sweetest man in the
world. His name is David. He is the owners dad
and just kinda walks around and does PR at the
dealership. I almost cried when we said goodbye to him
not only because I hold a special place in my heart for old men,
(not in a creepy way) but he was so presh to Tate and I. He bought
us drinks and gave Tatie balloons and a teddy bear...he really
is why we bought the car. WE LOVE YOU DAVID!















12 comments:

Holly and Brad said...

Linds, I am so mad that we missed you...we keep going to all these states that you JUST left. Brad, Chase, and I came to Cali. last night and will be here for 10 days! I am so mad that we missed you, b/c I can't wait to go take Chase to the beach. Well, we will have to meet in another state, I suppose! By the way, I love your new car...congrats! Tell your cute boys we say hello!

Trav and Linds said...

Sweet ride! I love the new car, and what a fun trip you made out of it!

Unknown said...

Wow, I think Tate has been on more vacations than I have. Linds you look like 1,000,000 bucks!!!

Heidi said...

How fun! Those are such adorable pictures! Your little boy is so stinkin cute! You look great. I don't think you need to send me anything silly girl. Its fun to be in touch!

Unknown said...

cool car!
i remember kennys big white land cruiser. i think a bunch of us rode in it to a ben harper concert back in the day.
they are cool cars!

p.s. i put you on my friends with blogs, hope you don't mind.

Jade said...

Hi! What a fun to surprise to hear from you!! You and your family are so dang cute. Guess what our little one is going to be Tate too! Keep in touch K?
Love ya!

Unknown said...

lindsay-
that is hilarious. i thought you found my blog because i put in on that comment.
it was meant to be that we found each other on basically the same day.
funny.

linds jo said...

Wow Lindsay, It must be nice to be married to such an adventurous guy!

Ashley said...

Hi Lindsey and Kenny! This is Ashley Burr from Pinnacle. I love blog surfing and running into people I know! Next time you are in Cali, come visit us! Are you doing the St. George marathon this year? Tate is even cuter than I remember, if that's possible. I'm glad you guys are back in Utah!

Ashley said...

Hi Lindsey and Kenny! This is Ashley Burr from Pinnacle. I love blog surfing and running into people I know! Next time you are in Cali, come visit us! Are you doing the St. George marathon this year? Tate is even cuter than I remember, if that's possible. I'm glad you guys are back in Utah!

Jana said...

Linds!! I found you...and I must say you are looking hot. It has been too long.

taylor nelson said...

Tate sure looks happy in that last picture! I bet he would be happy if I was there! Hehe. LOVE YA!