7.07.2008

{...like a popsicle on the 4th of july}

the 4th of july must be one of my favorite holidays!
we had such a fun day with our family and friends...and it was only 85ish degrees.
{that's very good news when your 7 months prego:}

tate obviously loves the 4th too!

we opted out of the parade this year (to avoid the crowds) and instead had our own little
celebration in the morning with our neighbors...



our very talented friend amy drew this pic of tatie with sidewalk chalk.
seriously, who needs the provo freedom festival when you've got this kind of entertainment right in your own back yard?!!?

kenny and i spent the afternoon with your favorite tv personality and mine...glenn beck!



after our close in counter, kenny's fam came over for some swimming, a bbq and a whole lota wyoming purchased fireworks.


mikey, amber + ashton ryder, derek + ellie



we missed you megan!!!


the kids loved the fireworks!




it took little tatie a minute to warm up to the idea of actually holding the blazing stick


but after a little help from dad, he loved it!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

16 comments:

Kari said...

You have the cutest little family! I don't know if I've told you yet but congrats on number 2! I love reading your blog, thanks for sharing!

Nicole said...

I love the 4th! And yes, I want to come swim in that pool:)

My mom mentioned to me yesterday that her and Heather might be doing a Norton-Clark BQQ on Friday. I don't know if it is for sure, Amber might have more details. But just in case, Saturday would work best for us. We really don't have anything either night if Heather and Karlyn don't pull through so let us know.

paige and jord said...

so funny- looks like our fam didn't get together.. everything just fell apart when jord and i moved :)
ps. your son needs to spend a little less time at the pool. he is black next to kenny...

McCall said...

i love that sidewalk chalk picture! your 7 months? yay!

Susan said...

OK...bring on the preggo pics! You always seem to hide.

Tate....TOo cute!

Kenny...Farmers tan!

Love you guys!

Chelsey said...

Lookin good K-Petes! We're ready to party Saturday! I guess Jeff's fam has something Friday. Mike and Jeff agreed to a little Speedo action for Kenny's birthday present.

McCall said...

oh dangit! i was just at the grocery store. definitely next time though. thanks for thinkin' of me. ;)

Hayward Family said...

You are so funny!! I love your Jordin Sparks comments!! haha.. Looks like your 4th was fun!! You look GREAT!

Trav and Linds said...

K, I saw your cute preggo belly on Nicole's blog. You look adorable! I love your camping experience, we've never dared take our kids, because they would prob be insominacs too. Cute 4th pic's of your little guy!

us... said...

Oh I love the pics! We miss you guys so much! Although he doesn't yell out tates name anymore he loves looking at the pictures and seeing his bestest cousin! We cannot wait to get back home:] we love you guys!

Amber and Mike said...

hey sugar!! we are game for saturday, i must worn you about the speedo's our husbands are plannning on wearing!! Tell kenny to dust his off and join in on the fun. Love ya

Emily Frame said...

guess where i saw you? downeast, i was on my way in when you were out and totally double took.

and you don't even have a belly, what's with that?

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, I was excited to run across your blog. I think last time I ran into you, you were pregnant with Tate! Forever ago. Congrats on number 2.
Brianna

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

It looks like you guys had a good 4th!! I want you to post some pictures of your cute belly!!! Tate looks cute.

Mark and Lachelle said...

Nice!! I love the sidewalk chalk art!! Do you think your friend can draw a lifesize version of me on the sidewalk?

jodi said...

Such cute pics, Tate is such a little cutie, i can't wait to see your new baby!