2.23.2008

{ sick-o...}

for the last two weeks our lives have been nothin but
aches, pains, fevers, and everything else that comes
along with feeling a little {OR A LOT} under the weather.
i have this fear of going to the doctor. not because i'm afraid of needles but
because i'm afraid of the doctor coming back after testing and finding
nothing wrong, then writing me a prescription for some tough-in-up pills.
after resisting for about a week and not seeming to be getting any better, ken finally dragged me to the er on thursday night. come to find out, i had had strep that had gone untreated so the infection spread to my ears and i was suffering from titus media. {serious ear infections}
and by the way i salute all the babies out there that go through this torture-i would much rather pass a few kidney stones or give birth to the destroyer again.
needless to say they pass out pain pills at the er like tick-tacks, so i'm well on my way to recovery. i wish i could say the same for my little boy. he seems to have gotten some sorta bug and cant seem to kick it. really can we catch a break-please?



seriously?

we have found ourselves doin a whole lota nothin for the last little bit.




check out the sexy bed head...
we are going to have bed sores here soon enough too.


yesterday, my dream of a husband took the day off to stay home and redo our room to cheer me up. {and we have had the paint for about a month-just sitting in the garage}

the before...
very dull and kinda 80's.
hand-me downs, what can i say?

the during...


ahhh...so sweet!







and the after is to be continued...
I'm still working on the new bed skirt and curtains.
but really what a guy Ive snagged myself!
it does pay to be sick sometimes!




14 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, I am sorry you are so sick! I had no idea it had gotten that bad. But hey, you looked like a million bucks when I saw you last week;) I did go to the gym last week, but not to yoga. When you are all rested up we will hit it together!

taylor nelson said...

aww little ken! haha.. hope you all feel better soon! wub you so so much peterson fam! {thanks for the idea about the movie last night! i loved it!!}

Jana said...

Linds! I'm so sorry...I'm sure a sick baby compounds the problem more than I know. Hope you get feeling better and back to your sassy self in no time.

Hayward Family said...

Girl, you need to take care of yourself!! I'm so sorry your little family is so sick, isn't it the worst when babies are sick? It just breaks your heart! Look at your sweet hubby handlin things! Get better soon!!

us... said...

OH, Jo so sorry that you were so sick! We have experienced it all too....well Caden has. So so sorry! Hope you feel better soon! We cannot wait for your new room! Aww Ken, you so good!

Susan said...

Feel better! I know what you mean though, sometimes being a mom can make us stop thinking about our own well being and forget that we're even sick. You need your rest missy! Ken is such a great hubby. Savy's catching something too. I went to the doctor today and there were about 25 kids all there waiting to get in. Crazy huh?? Yeah, I was about to lose my mind waiting for an hour to get in. I hate the doctor's office!

Mary said...

I didn't know you were sick! What a bummer! It is so hard to be sick with kids cause they still need all the attention and you can't pull yourself out of bed! Living with strep, though! You are tough!

jodi said...

That sounds miserable, i'm glad your feeling on the up and up!

Jeanine said...

Ah...doctors, who needs em right? Poor girl...that is no fun at all, especially since both you and Tate are under the weather. Good job Kenny! Taking care of you, and painting! Please call if you want me to bring you by something...soup, diet coke, whatever!
Jeanine

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

That is horrible I am so sorry!! thats the worst when you are sick and have to take care of a sick baby too!! I hope you get better soon. Kenny is so sweet to start you painting. I have been waiting for Jon to paint our bathroom for I am not kidding 5 months. YUP I have!!! Finally last night he painted it white so now I can stain it...and finally get my bathroom back. haha You need to take care of yourself and stay healthy!!

Ashley said...

Way to go Ken. Give birth to the destroyer... I'm stealing your lines Linds. I can always count on your for at least one good one liner per post. So sorry about the putridness.

McCall said...

I can't wait to see the finished project! Until then...fill your time with a survey. ;) As if you have spare time. You're TAGGED!

The RULES: Go to my page and copy the "My Man" survey and fill it out all about the guy in your life. ;) Can't wait to learn more about him! Love you!

Then tag 5 girls you wanna learn more about.

Hope you haven't already done this one. ;)

Trav and Linds said...

So sad!!! Mom's aren't supposed to get sick, just the kiddies. We've had it rough with the sicknesses this winter too. Can't wait for the warm months ahead! You will have to post pic's of your spruced up room when it's all done.

Vanessa Jane said...

oh I am SO sorry about the sickness! this is why I HATE getting sick! I feel for ya. hang in there I hope you & your little guy get well soon.