11.07.2007

oh shoot, i got tagged...

TAGGED!-OK HERE GOES...

1. I initially met my precious husband in 7th grade. We went to junior high and high school together. He was this long haired, Harley ridin' little heart breaker ( I was almost the only girl in all of the OC who didn't have a crush on him)and I was busy terrorizing others who have since put me (and a few of my friends, you know who you are...)on their "To Kill" list. In fact, we joke because in 7th grade I over heard Kenny tell someone else he thought I was a brat...funny huh? Well a lot of years , 2 missions, college and a lot of lifes experience later we grew up and fell in love. p.s. I am the luckiest girl in the whole world-Kenny is everything I could ask for in a husband and father + so much more. I love you babe!



2.I love to do weird things that most people absolutely detest. For example, A.I love to speak in sacrament meeting! Anytime I have the attention of a whole audience that has no choice who they have to listen too-I can go off. (I gained this from the mish, I gave tours at the Church Historic Sites in Palmyra. Gimme a break!) B. I love to run! For me, running is the most therapeutic time of my day. I love being the first one up in the morning, going for a run and returning home just in time for my boys to get up. Oh ya, and its a good work out. C. I LOVE to read. I love to get lost in a good book and let my imagination run wild. Since Im not in school anymore I actually get to pick what I read, it's lovely! My current flavor- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, its getting really good.



3.I'm an avid wedding announcement critic. If your announcement came to me or my parents house and you had a plethora of pictures and or piggy-backs, matching sweaters, a make-out picture or you were wearing helmets (yes I know sad but true) , you have most likely fallen victim to a few remarks. But I thank you for the good times.



4. I am a political news junkie. While I used to think reading the paper and having CNN on all the time was only for my grampie, Ive come to the realization how important it is to be up on current events
locally,Nationally and around the world. Kenny and I love watching Glen Beck. Did you know he is an active member of the church? While Kenny and I don't agree on every issue, it is so fun and interesting to debate them with him. (referendum 1 for instance) ken is for, I'm against. Kenny used to wipe the floor with me, but I can hold my own now, step aside Nancy Paloci. And-Hillary your goin down!!!!!!!



5.I love to find and restore old furniture. The older and more beat up the better, in my opinion. In fact, after furnishing my home and doing some jobs for friends and family, Ive been thinking of starting a little biz. (more information to follow:)



6. I am a FIRM believer in schedules! My life revolves around the known rather than the unknown. While I absolutely love, love,love being a mom (even more than I ever thought I would) I definitely look forward to the 10 am, 3 pm and 8 pm o'clock hours. Tate and I both know that's when its nap or bed time. I know that I have a happier, healthier baby because he was on a schedule. I didn't really think it made that much difference until I read The Baby Whisper by Tracy Hogg, now I believe brotha's and sisters! Many think I'm a little extreme but my baby slept through the night at 6 weeks, only a few months ago went from 3 two hour naps a day to now 2, and after we brush his teeth put him in the bath, and read him a story, he lays in his bed with his blankie and waves to us on the way out. He has never had an ear infection or anything of the sorts. He wasn't born this way, he needed to be taught to know where and when.



RULES:

1. The player lists 6 facts about themselves



2. At the end of the post the player tags 6 people and posts their names. The player then goes to their blog and leaves a comment letting them know they have been tagged, then asks them to read the rules.

I TAG: Brynne, Vanessa, Leisy, Caroline, Mary, and Ari. Sorry guys! I resisted at first but it actually turned out to be good times!

6 comments:

Vanessa Jane said...

I loved this lindsey. I am a way big fan of news and the being on top of things as a mother. I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to my baby's schedule. read baby wise and toddler wise. I bet you would like them.

Unknown said...

ok ok.. i'll try to do this soon. i've been tagged a few times now so maybe i'll do it one of these days.

p.s. i totally remember kenny from the OC days with long hair.. if i remember right... didn't he win best hair or something?

paige and jord said...

wow jo. you WOULD love talking about yourself- your whole blog- long. he he. not to be critical (cough, cumpas, cough) but there is a seriously spelling error in your blog, see if you can find it! love you. cant wait to see you for thanksgiving in a couple weeks~

jk.. but seriously.

love you jo jo

Yvonne S. said...

Okay, I love, love, love that you feel the same way about sleep!!!! I am such a believer in children getting enought sleep. My almost 4 year old still takes naps!!! I swear, people think I am lazy or crazy, but my kids (not to toot my own horn) are so much better behaved with enough sleep. Plus, mommies do need some down time!!! I loved reading this last blog!

Jana said...

I would love to see some pics of your furniture projects

Ashley said...

Amen. Adam and I are still trying to come to a consensus about vouchers (I say no way-you do NOT take money out of public schools.) Both of our families about drew blood from each other arguing about referendum 1 last week. We have all vowed not to bring it up again to preserve relations. In fact, my brother in law and I are still at it via each other's blogs. I love it though. Sometimes I miss working, but I love having the news on all day.