11.21.2007

Its MY birthday and I'll cry if I wanna...


So today I celebrated turning 27. Basically to sum it up I want to die. I have been dreading this day for a while now. This birthday makes all the rest look like a walk in the park. It wouldn't be so bad if me and my dear sweet husband were taking the plunge together...but alas, hes still got 8 beautiful months to enjoy the bliss of experiencing his 26th year.


After contemplating "life" at the gym this morning, I for some reason came home in such a mean mood. My poor family got the brunt end of my depression...{but they took it like champs none the less.} After my rampage I decided it was today I should be happy about; the food, the gifts, the parties ect. ect. Its tomorrow that's going to be the doozie-all the fun stuff will be over and I will just be 27-UGH!


CONCLUSION:


Even though I had to turn one year older {and wiser too, I might add} my birthday was jam packed with fun festivities! Last weekend we and some of our friends, stayed at my grandparents cabin in Sundance-it was such good times. Today some of my girlies took me out to lunch to my fav-CPK, again, such good times. And finally, tonight, we went to dinner and the movie August Rush with my fam. Oh my heavens!!!!! I would recommend this show to anyone, it was incredible. So after some treats and gifts we ventured home to close out the day. A dozen long stem red roses awaited me. Have I mentioned I have the bestest hubby ever? (he even lets me purchase my own gifts this year...hee hee)


Well at least I know I'm not the only one fighting the hands of time. Lots of my dear friends know exactly what I'm going through, which does help ease the pain. And they do say 50 is the new 40...so maybe I shouldn't be such a Grinch. After all, this is the season for thanksgiving. And I do have much to be grateful for!

6 comments:

linds jo said...

Thanks for braggin me up Linds to your blogga friends. I love you so much! Happy Birthday!

us... said...

Happiest Birthday Jo! We love you and want you to know that you make a dang cute 27 year old!

Unknown said...

happy birthday!!

my secret to not making me feel too old was to marry someone almost 4 years older than me. so no matter how old i get, he's always older.. ha ha.

happy birthday! don't worry, you are still so young....

lramey said...

you see, the thing is, I'm turning 30 this year- you stop your whining! Just kidn'....I really couldn't care less about growing up- I think I like being more mature (we know that I'm not mature) but really, it's ok!!! You're beautiful and look 17 still, so don't fret my pet!

p.s. did you buy hairspray?

Mary said...

So I'm learning it's not all bad to be 27. Better then 28 I guess! I'm glad you had a great birthday. Thanks for being a great friend!

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

You and I both have robbed the cradle with our youngster hubbies! Ben is 8 months younger than I too. Don't worry, life just gets better! Thanks for sharing your blog--so cute!

Natalie